Pages

Thursday, July 18, 2013

Volunteer Hearts (Part 2)

Check out last week's post HERE, where Rachel answers why she was a YAV (Young Adult Volunteer) and how God worked on her heart during our week in San Antonio. 

Check out more of what the LCMS National Youth Gathering is all about HERE.

This week's answers are brought to you by Hannah Hester, Team Durango.

What made you decide to apply to be a YAV?

I chose to apply to be a YAV because I had a great experience at the previous two national gatherings. I wanted to help bring the same enthusiasm that the Orange Nation did for me. They were all so welcoming and loved the Lord and wanted to share it with everyone.

What were you expecting being a YAV would be like?

I thought that being a YAV would be another great experience for meeting other believers and praising God.


What was the most overwhelming moment you experienced at the Gathering?

I think that being an usher the most overwhelming moments were when all the participants and youth leaders were all filing into the dome. They were all excited to be there. It was scary how fast all those seats filled up.


Where did you see God's love the most during your week at the Gathering?

At the Mass Events I felt that is where I saw God's love. All the Christians there to worship and praise God and learn to LiveLove(d).


What would you tell someone to convince them to apply to be a YAV in the future?

You get to meet such wonderful people. It is worth the experience to see the national youth gathering in a different light. It isn't work at all. I would do it again in a heartbeat.

No comments:

Post a Comment