Pages

Friday, July 19, 2013

Securing God's Place

13 “No one can serve two masters. Either you will hate the one and love the other, or you will be devoted to the one and despise the other. You cannot serve both God and money.”
Luke 16:13 

No ever said finding a job was easy (if you did, please tell me your ways). I am a history major with experience in photography, recreation, coaching, movie theatres and as a youth leader. None of which complement each other well.

As a christian, I find that I want to do something directly related to promoting God's Kingdom on earth. Be that church work or working for a christian non profit. What better way to evangelize and promote my own relationship with God than to be surrounded by other like minded individuals and get paid for it. It's like killing every bird that ever lived with one stone. 

The problem is that Christian jobs are hard to find. And where there are jobs, my experience doesn't lend itself to being very advantageous. So, I look for jobs that aren't necessarily Christian on the surface. 

However, when you truly look at your job and think that it might not be "christian" because none of your co-workers attend church or the mission statement says nothing about eternal life, think again. If you truly believe that everything in life is ordained by God, than you are in that job by the grace of the Father. He meant for you to be there and because of that reason, it is Christian. 

You were put on this earth for a purpose and that dead end, stressful, low paying job that you hate is all part of the plan. 


While I pray and ask God for some guidance in my job search (and I ask for your prayer as well), I am going to try to be content with the job that God lays out in front of me. It might not be that dream job I so strongly desire, but it is going to help support our new family, and lead to the life that God has laid out just for me. And with that always in mind, I will be happy to struggle and stress and find peace in knowing God has it covered.

God's Glory in beautiful color. Sunset, Hart Prairie, Arizona, July 2013

No comments:

Post a Comment