Pages

Sunday, May 12, 2013

Celebrating the Girl

I can't help but count my blessing from time to time, because I am tremendously blessed.

First off, my girlfriend Cassie graduated from Northern Arizona University on Friday morning. She is one of the most spectacular people I know. 4.0 GPA, president emeritus of the Psychology club, godly woman, tons of smarts, wits and drive. Amazing.

We did the whole graduation ceremony thing, which was just the kick off to a long and crazy weekend. By the way, when did graduations become so crazy?! Airhorns? Really?
Cassie has "2013" written on her cap.




We followed up the ceremony with a wonderful lunch at Oak Creek Brewery at Tlaquepaque. (I dare you to say it.)

And a wonderful night with her brother, sister and brother in law at Dave and Buster's in Tempe. What a wonderful place for a kid stuck in a grown ups body to feel right at home. Who else is really five years old still?! Anyone?

The actual party was Saturday afternoon and after a morning of getting ready and lounging by her parents gorgeous new pool sanctuary, the family and friends started flowing in. It was an all afternoon/evening affair and totally worth all the build up for celebrating such a wonderful woman.

And of course, Mother's Day was today. I will be the first to admit that I sometimes get testy with my mom and I always end up regretting it, because my mom is a pretty special woman who only has love in her heart.

Happy Mother's day to every mother out there!


1 comment: