Pages

Wednesday, May 15, 2013

Adventuring About

"Let all creation rejoice before the Lord, for he comes, he comes to judge the earth. He will judge the world in righteousness and the peoples in his faithfulness."
Psalm 96:13
 
On my days off, nothing helps me feel better about life than adventuring around. 
 
There is truly no better way to explain what I do except "adventuring". It literally entails driving up forest roads, pulling off at certain points that look interesting and walking into the woods. No trail. No destination. Just a camera, some food and water. Adventure.

I come across animals, dead and alive, archaeological sites, meadows, cattle corrals, old homestead houses and lots of trees and grass.

My plan today wasn't even to go adventuring. I had planned to go to Lockett Meadow because I haven't been there in over three years and take some photos of the blooming aspens. Unfortunately (or maybe fortunately) the road was closed. I turned around and found Forest Road 418 which has been on my list of roads to explore. It circumnavigates the North side of the San Francisco Peaks, which are impossible to miss from Flagstaff.

I spent about 3 hours out in the woods today and found my first pair of antlers, a couple more elk skeletons, tons of aluminum cans (my dad and I collect them to recycle), a red tailed hawk and some spectacular views.

Enjoy the photos and take a gander at photos from other adventures at my photography site.






2 comments:

  1. Hi, I found your blog from Sage! Love the pics!
    Love and blessings,
    Lacy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Lacy! Blessings to you!
      Matt

      Delete