Pages

Thursday, April 4, 2013

Steadfast and Sure Genesis

 "But God demonstrates his own love for us in this: While we were sinners, Christ died for us." -  Romans 5:8


A week ago, I wasn't all that interested in starting a blog again. I say "again," because I had one that has sat dormant for almost two years. But, please, by all means, go take a look at it here. It mostly talked about my racing, training, early photography stuff, nothing spectacular or worth much in the scheme of things. Sure, it probably gave a few trusting souls some advice about a race that they had signed up for or an idea about a particular workout, but all in all, just day to day things.
 When my girlfriend Cassie started her blog just over a week ago, she brought back the idea and at first I wasn't interested. But, then I got thinking. She has worked herself into a Christ loving woman and we have a pretty unique situation as far as christian couples are concerned. Something I will probably talk about in a later post in more detail, but something that you can read more of on her blog. And I thought we could really be an example of how relationships can work out if other people are in our same position. We can really give some hope to people who may feel like they are on a hopeless relational path. We discussed this possibility and thought it might be worthwhile if we both started our own blogs that then worked into a couples blog when we both had more time and experience as our own virtual authors.
You can probably tell through my language and the obvious bible verse at the top of the blog that this blog will be Christ centered. And you'd be right. You may also have more questions about me than I have given you answers for. And that's OK. I have to leave something for future posts!
The point is, this is going to be a journey. I have a hard time sticking with drawn out commitments like blogs, but I hope this one is different. I hope I have more knowledge than I did when I first starting blogging and that someone might stumble across it that could really use the words that I have to write. And hopefully that is enough of a calling to continue.
I will definitely post more about myself as we draw along and hope that you feel comfortable enough to engage in any questions or comments you might have.
Blessings,
Matt

1 comment: