Pages

Tuesday, April 9, 2013

Just Love

"And now these three remain: faith, hope and love. But the greatest of these is love." - 1 Corinthians 13:13

As I said yesterday, my prayer was that God would guide the discussions that get posted to this blog. And once again, despite working for 11 hours today, God placed another topic on my heart.

I have discussed Christianity a lot lately. I don't mean the Christianity of who Jesus was or what denomination I am. I mean the Christianity of Christians. You know, the people who are Christian. Too often do we get caught up in things so unworthy of our calling, that we lose sight of why we are Christians in the first place.

The beginning of this topic stems from a lot of conversations lately about what makes a Christian. Is it their tithing? Is it how many souls are saved? Is it believing gay marriage or abortion is bad? Probably not. In fact, definitely not. Too often do people judge me when I tell them I am a follower of Christ. Assumptions of conservatism, craziness, and, ironically, judgmentalism pop into their minds. Who is really being judgmental here?

I am not who you think I am. I have tattoos. I have piercings. I like saving the environment and don't mind sitting in church next to someone openly gay. The point is, I don't care what decisions you have made in your life. God created us ALL in His image. Not just me and my family or those at my church or those at the church next door even though we don't worship together. Not even just Christians around the world or only those persecuted. He created Muslims, Buddhists, gays, black, white, Latinos, disabled, athletic, overweight, blind, and all the others In. His. Image. Period. 

So, if you are a human. I don't mind you. I will pray for you. If you are a God fearing, bible reading, knee praying, Christ follower, I will pray with you. And if you haven't found Jesus yet, that's ok, cause I still love and pray for you. 

Don't judge me. And don't judge others for their differences. When did we lose sight of the greatest commandment? Love. That's all He wants. He wants us to love Him and love one another. It's not our right or our place to judge others for their appearance, baggage, or present circumstances. Life has a way of sorting these kinds of things out and I don't want to be at the front claiming to know how.

No comments:

Post a Comment