Pages

Wednesday, June 5, 2013

The Reality of it All

The reality is, I am moving from Flagstaff. After 24 years in Arizona, 20 of them in Flagstaff, I am moving. Does it scare me? You betcha!

Everyday is a day to reflect on my life and savor everything I have enjoyed about growing up in this wonderful place. The people I have met, the sunrises and sets that I have witnessed, the mountains I have climbed, the deserts, forests, canyons, monsoons and on and on. There is so much about this state that I have never done or seen or experienced and it's a tough proposition to know that you will be moving away from it.

However, it is also a time to be optimistic about the future and the love affair I might have for a new state. I am already excited about all the cycling races and sports communities. A potential job that is right up my alley. Experiencing things that I don't even know exist yet. It's all exciting!

The most exciting part is being confident in the person I am moving with. Starting a life together and taking a step toward family that I have always dreamed about.

I can see positive in any place. And that's what I have to keep focused on. I will certainly miss Arizona, my home. But, I can always come back and enjoy it even more.

For now, enjoy some photos that I have taken over the years of this wonderful state. And as always, more photos can be seen at my website.



The Sunset glows red on the San Francisco Peaks. Bismarck Lake.


The Windmill Winery at night. Florence, AZ


Bismarck Lake sunset.


Forest Service Cabin. Kendrick Peak.


Grand Falls.


Superstition Mountain Wilderness.


Fiery Sunset after the snow.

1 comment: